B.S. in Computer Network Defense
Completed 121 of 180 credits towards a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Computer Network Defense
Feb 2020 - Oct 2020Covered 6
Assisted instructors in providing training and education in accordance with CompTIA standards, answered student questions, provided tutoring, and administrative support to the organization.
- Developed rigorous hands-on lesson plans to prepare students for taking and achieving their CompTIA certification tests
Provided technical support to students to ensure they operated at peak efficiency
Feb 2020 - Oct 2020Covered 6
Cyber Crime Impact Team Member
Responded to cyber security incidents supporting businesses and organizations that experienced indication of cyber crimes and data, network, or other compromises.
- Assisted in conducting forensic preservation of data, remediation, and rebuilding of infrastructure for 100+ computer systems and servers
- Performed complex troubleshooting for software and hardware failures; identified and solved 10+ network problems
Evaluated security concerns and assisted in the implementation security measures to prevent further compromise and safe guard data
July 2014 - PresentKira Hays
Worked closely with clients to analyze IT system requirements, client’s information technology needs and their resources in order to plan IT projects and fulfill clients’ expectations
- Evaluated customer work and business volume and developed IT solutions and system specifications to support and safe guard their systems, servers, and networks
- Implemented Active Directory for central management of network devices and network resources; installed smart card authentication for network login using YubiKey hardware tokens; implemented certification authority for Private Key Infrastructure (PKI) certificates and secure PKI encryption over the local area networks (LAN); and deployed Microsoft (MS) Windows servers to allow for easy operating system installations, updates, and monitoring over secure networks
- Used Hyper-V and unRAID to create virtual machines for Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) implementation, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDSes), and Intrusion Prevention System (IDPs)
Jan 2015 - Oct 2016Trans Lifeline | San Francisco
Technical Support Lead
Assisted the Chief Technology Officer in safeguarding the organization’s computers, servers, and networks
- Developed process improvements and other enhancements that provided operational efficiency and ensured data security; provided technical support to end users and troubleshot hardware and software issues
- Provided reports to senior management regarding the health and security of the organization’s systems; made recommendations for various software and provided monthly reports of technology use to the Board of Directors
Aug 2009 - July 2014United States Navy
Assistant Work Center Supervisor
Managed 6+ employees staffing the information center at the Naval Portsmouth Medical Center. Provided customer support for patients both in person and over the phone and assisted hospital visitors with information, locations, directions, appointments, and other issues.
- Supervised the staff in monitoring entry into sensitive areas of the hospital; assisted patients with checking in and out their medical records and the hospital staff with copying, filing, and sorting medical records
- Conducted quality assurance (QA) checks on medical records and audited medical records in storage; ensured that if the patient had relocated that the records were forwarded via secure mail while ensuring compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) privacy standards
Aug 2009 - Jul 2014United States Navy
Fire Controlman 2nd Class
Operated, maintained, and repaired mainframe computers, large screen displays, and local area networks (LANs). Inspected and tested micro and minicomputers for surface to air systems; and operated, troubleshot, and repaired electrical and electronic gun and missile fire control systems and surface missile fire control systems on the USS Oscar Austin (DDG-79) and USS Anzio (CG-58).
- Performed preventive maintenance on weapons using in-depth knowledge of electronic repair, calibration, and measurement techniques to test, align, and adjust radar-indicating circuits and power supplies; performed basic and advanced trouble-shooting techniques in maintaining AEGIS AN/SPY-1D radar and other ship combat weapon systems
- Performed casualty analysis utilizing computer diagnostic testing to fault isolation and ensure system restoration; highly skilled at reading and interpreting technical schematics, and blueprints; responded to shipboard emergencies and repaired broken equipment; led junior employees in performing routine maintenance on various equipment